- The Biggest Resume Mistake You Can Make March 13, 2012
- Let Sample Resumes Inspire You, Not Define You February 17, 2012Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to find a sample resume that matches your background, copy it to your word-processing program, make minor changes and be done with the arduous task of creating a dazzling resume? While that would be ideal, you can shortchange yourself and sabotage your job search if you base your […]
- 12 Steps to a Smooth Resignation February 1, 2012
- Fatal Resume Errors February 1, 2012
- Six Tips to Optimize Your Resume February 1, 2012
- What’s Important to You in a Job? February 1, 2012
- Are You Engaged? January 18, 2012At times during your career, things may not go your way. You may be struggling to find a new job, or you may be dissatisfied with your current job or with the way your career is developing. When your professional expectations go unmet like this, there’s a natural tendency to disengage, to unplug. You go […]
- Networking Letters 101 January 17, 2012No matter what field you’re in, a successful career is built on human relationships. Your job search will be much more effective if you connect with and expand your network of contacts rather than just respond to job ads. Thousands of positions are created and filled without ever being advertised. A networking letter will help […]
- Resume Tips for a Marketing Resume September 1, 2011
- 8 Ways to Research Your Prospective EmployerThe amount of knowledge you have about a potential employer, and on the industry in which you hope to work can give you a competitive edge. This pertains both to making initial contact with employers and before going on interviews. In addition, having information on a company is also invaluable when it comes to evaluating […]
- The Right Way to Resign: How to Leave Your Job in Good StandingAfter you’ve landed a new job, the excitement of starting something new may be accompanied by anxiety and guilt over leaving the familiar and perhaps some good friends, too. Even if you’re leaving mostly enemies behind, it’s still a good idea to leave your job in good standing.
- 6 Steps to Successful Career ManagementIn some respects building a successful career is no different from any other project. Clear goal setting, thorough planning and effective execution are key ingredients in the recipe for success. Though expert advice can help you with the process, in the end it is up to you to formulate objectives, develop a plan, and follow […]
- Warning: Social Networking Can Be Hazardous to Your Job Search
You’re working with us! Get some career advice.
You’ve been made a counter-offer. What do you do?
You’ve landed the job! Now to tell your boss.