Stuck on your resume? Take a look at a few of our prompts.
- What experience, skills, aptitudes, or traits do you have, or think you might have, that could be of some use to some employer?
- What skills have you developed, at least to some degree, that you have never used at work?
- Do others, at work or elsewhere, come to you for any particular kind of help? What kind?
Responsibilities and Activities
- How many people did you supervise? Orient? Hire? Train?
- How large a budget did you manage?
- To whom did you report?
Achievements and Accomplishments
- How much reduction in costs or increase in profits did you contribute to?
- What did you do?
- Did you add any smoothness, quality, or economy of operation that noticeably improved the way things were before you assumed responsibility?
Awards and Recognition
- Were you praised, recognized, or given a pat on the back for anything a particular assignment, a method of working, a trait of character? How? By whom?
- Were you promoted ahead of schedule?
- Selected for any special responsibilities or programs?